Welcome: Law Library Blogs!
August 17th, 2012
Latest from the Harrisburg Law Library Blog
- Exam Hours Start This Weekend! April 24, 2015 Susan Giusti
APRIL 25 — MAY 11 8 a.m. — 2 a.m. Everyday
- LexisAdvance Password Extension for the Summer April 21, 2015 Susan Giusti
Use your Lexis Advance ID for: • Academic, professional and non-profit research • All legal content and news you have as a law student • Unlimited hours-per-week You may use your Lexis Advance ID for all legal work purposes, from the date your classes end this spring until the end of the summ …
- WestlawNext Password Extension for the Summer April 21, 2015 Susan Giusti
Reasons to extend your current password for the summer: • Summer law school classes and study abroad programs • Other educational uses including: – Law review and journal, including write-on competitions – Research assistant – Moot court – Unpaid internship/ …
- The Importance of Legal Research Skills for Practice April 7, 2015 Susan Giusti
To uncover how newer attorneys conduct research in this emerging legal marketplace, an independent survey was conducted by The Research Intelligence Group (TRiG) and funded by LexisNexis. Author Steven A. Lastres, director of Library & Knowledge Management at law firm Debevoise & P …
- Spring Holiday Hours April 1, 2015 Susan Giusti
APRIL 3 – 5 April 3 and 4 9 a.m.—5 p.m. April 5 3 p.m.—Midnight
Latest from the Delaware Law Library Blog
- Law library open limited hours February 9 February 9, 2017 Janet Lindenmuth
Due to the snow, the law library will be open limited hours, from 2:00 pm to 8:00 today, February 9, 2017.
- Biggar than life: The forgotten story of how a girl from Delaware gained wealth and fame through the power of charm, talent, and lawyers January 23, 2017 Janet Lindenmuth
In 1902, the nation’s newspapers couldn’t get enough of the story of Delaware’s Laura Biggar, a moderately successful actress, who inherited a large fortune from a millionaire admirer and was willing to go to great lengths, not all of them legal, to keep it. Like many 19th century actors, she …
- Law library closed for winter break December 21, 2016 Janet Lindenmuth
The library will be closed from December 23rd to January 2nd. Please check our hours during winter break. Happy holidays and we’ll see you when we resume our regular hours on Monday, January 9th.
- Delaware weird laws go to the movies August 25, 2016 Janet Lindenmuth
Weird law: “R” rated movies shall not be shown at drive-in theaters. Status: true (but not enforced and probably unconstitutional) This weird Delaware law is a perfect example of a law passed in response to what seemed like a pressing social problem at the time, that has since been rendered irreleva …
- Welcome back to the Delaware Law School law library August 22, 2016 Janet Lindenmuth
It’s another new school year! We’re happy to see our new and returning students back in the law library. Please stop by for studying or research. Why not check out some of our study aids? We have plenty of computers, carrels, tables and comfortable chairs for studying. Our reference librarians are w …